Monday, May 14, 2012

Mother's Day


The kids made sure I had an absolutely PERFECT Mother's Day.  I loved it!  They really did make me feel special.


I woke up this morning to a delicious breakfast prepared by Jen (with help from Jess).  The serving tray included wheat toast (thanks, girls!!!), cereal, oj, and milk.  There was also a wonderful card made by Jess and lovely flowers from Jen.  Ahhhh.  They even presented me with Godiva chocolate and Mikes (not Mike and Ikes!) from Jen and Mike.

When I went downstairs, I found the entryway decorated--one of the arches was covered with a line of balloons.  On them, there were letters spelling "HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY"!  (Deco compliments of Jer & Jess.)


Everyone got themselves ready for church, so all I needed to worry about was my own preparation (and the angel food cake I was making for my mom!)

Just before we left, Jonathan made one of his stellar fruit smoothies.  What a perfect tide-me-over through church time! (He also provided me with the links to 2 rather "motivating" YouTube videos...)

At church, Jess was absolutely delightful singing her primary songs.  I so love listening to the kids sing on Mother's Day.  It never gets old.  They're so precious.

After we got home, I had a meeting, but the kids all took care of themselves and got ready to go.  Jess kept asking what she could do next to help me.  Jer and Jess even prepared the strawberries to go with our cake.

We visited Gram just after the meeting--and we spent a good couple of hours with her, visiting, enjoying cake and strawberries (and macaroons from her!), and playing games.  The kids are always asking when we are going to get to go visit again.  They love to spend time with her, and we all enjoyed the visit.


When we got back, it was time for Jeremy's long-planned surprise.  (He had been looking forward to doing this for me for some time...)  He ran up to my room, made and fluffed the bed, set out a delectable assortment of goodies (popcorn, a fresh fruit salad, a piece of cake, frozen gogurt, and a bottle of water), and began my movie.  I put on jammies and got settled in to watch "We Bought a Zoo" with him (I hadn't seen it yet).  We had so much fun, and I loved getting to stop and relax!  As a bonus, during the course of the evening, he presented me with gifts (a scented candle, a necklace with a little photo of him on it, and a "nap mask" to cover my eyes!)




During my movie time, Jen and Mike made a grilled steak and potatoes dinner served on a beautifully decorated table (by Jen).  It was so nice to not have to worry about dinner getting done!


I'm risking hurting feelings here.  I know this kind of day is so rare and special, but the kids really worked hard to make this.  Seriously--it was a perfect day!  Love you guys so much--thank you!!


No comments: