Mary, Mary, quite contrary,
How does your garden grow?
Here's how it's looking today...
In the iris patch...they're in full bloom. They smell heavenly--like candy!
I also added some salvia and a few annuals this spring.
I found out last year that we have a very fertile patch on the side of our house, so I've repeated tomatoes there...and added peppers and lettuce seed... This is fun to see, because I just removed the walls-o-water yesterday! (The plants loved them, and I loved being able to plant early without having to always cover them on cold nights!)
My first plantings of peas are getting bigger, the herbs have done fine through the cold spots of weather (thanks to the "hot caps" I got for those freezing nights), and the first lettuces, carrots, and green onions are starting to pop up.
I've just planted my second set of peas, zucchini squash and yellow squash, and (new this year) walla walla onion starts. In the back box, the raspberries still aren't tall (still trying to figure that out), but the leaves are much bigger this year, and we have a lot of little berries coming on...
One last revisit to the iris...yum!
To be continued...



No comments:
Post a Comment