Here's a cool picture of my Grandparents in Finland in June, 1938. They were mission presidents in Sweden until the war broke out in Europe.
Interesting notes: they left on the last boat out of Europe before Germany invaded Poland. A couple of years after they got home, they had my mother! Their family was always influenced by this Swedish history, as well as my Swedish ancestry.
Grandpa was a professor of Utah history. He also was one of the first Institute teachers. I wish I had known him better, but he passed away when I was only 4. I do remember sitting under his desk when I was little!
My Grandma was a very well educated, artistic, and social woman. She was so kind to everyone. It seemed like anyone who stopped by her home for a visit would leave with one of her famous angel food cakes (or two!) Today I'm making a couple of them and thinking of her... I love you Grandma!




2 comments:
What a neat heritage!
Mary, thanks for reading! How are you?!?
Post a Comment