Saturday, January 2, 2010

New Year's Eve

New Year's Eve was full of excitement--a dinner date for Mike and I, New Year goal-setting, a fun party with family members, and--to top it off--a party planned completely by Jonathan. This is the first year the kids have had friends over for New Year's (or any other event this late!), and Jonathan did a great job. He really wanted to be home with us for midnight, so he planned the party (many days in advance), invited his best buddy and his grandma (and let Jen invite two of her best friends, too!), shopped for all the groceries, baked pound cake and cut fruit and made fondue for his chocolate fountain, set out all the dishes and needed goods, planned the entertainment, and had everything ready by the time Mike and I got home from our festivities. It was a great party. The food was fabulous, the company was delightful, and everyone had a wonderful time. Happy New Year, all!!!

1 comment:

J said...

I like Johnathan. He is a unique boy. How fun that you are such a great mother and encourage him in his creativity.