Over Thanksgiving week, we went geocaching. We've discovered a totally cool new family hobby! (Actually, it was the biggest hit with Jeremy, Mike and I--Jer LOVED it!!!) Mike and Jer started in St. George. The first cache they found was on the hill (overlooking St. George) just above my Dad's.


We (Mike and I, Jeremy and Jessie) then went to another site in town.

After we got the hang of it, we headed out of town a little to Silver Reef (near Leeds). We found a few more there. (It's so exciting. There are so many to choose from in this area!)

We got a little hiking in, too!

The Silver Reef caches were especially fun because we got in some "historical exploration" while we were at it. We found out all kinds of info about the area, and we saw many ruins of old buildings (and mine shafts, too!)




This was a completely cool adventure.
By the way, I don't have any of the birthday celebration photos yet, (I'll try to post them later,) but here's what Jonathan found on our front lawn the night we got home from our trip (his actual birthday), courtesy of one of his good friends:
No comments:
Post a Comment