Wednesday, July 15, 2009

The Perfect Summer Day

Today after the normal housework, kids' jobs, and projects, I decided to take a little time off and go out with the kids. Jeremy had a gift certificate from JCW's, so he treated us all to one of their monster ice cream cones, and then we went to a great little park in AF to play. It was a beautiful day...sunny, but not too hot...so we could hang out for a while. We played on the swings and the playset, the kids rolled down the sledding hill and climbed a tree, and we even got in a game of frisbee! (My only regret is that I didn't have a camera with me!) Toward the end, the kids said, "Now THIS is what a summer day should be like!" Yup.

2 comments:

J said...

Oh, I love good summer days. You guys had a perfect one. It is so fun to get out and be together having fun. I hope you have many more together.

Anonymous said...

Those sound like my fondest childhood memories from summer. Not watching tv, or playing video games, but just playing with the family and friends out at a park or in nature. Plus ice cream is always a great idea ;)